A new international Junior Regatta
The Dutch International Youth Regatta (DIYR) is providing a competitive event for every junior rower. There are two different distances, broken-2km for junior 12 and junior 14 competitors and 2000m for Junior 16 and junior 18 competitors.
During the DIYR the Dutch rowers can qualify for the Dutch national equipe, the Coupe de la Jeunesse, and the World Rowing Junior Championships, so stiff competition is guaranteed!
International rowers under Junior 12 and Junior 14 can compete in the broken-2km races.
|U15||JM14||JW14||born in 2008 or later|
|U13||JM12||JW12||born in 2010 or later|
Junior 12 and Junior 14 rowers will start at the 0m line and race 1000m. After their finish they continue to the 1500m line to start a 500m sprint race. The broken-2km(b2k) is rowed in heats, with 6 crews side-by-side, in 1x, 2x and 4* boats.
Medals are there for the first crew to finish in every race and for the fastest crew of the day.
International junior 16 and junior 18 rowers compete over 2000 meter.
|U19||JM18||JW18||born in 2004 or later|
|U17||JM16||JW16||born in 2006 or later|
Should the amount of entries require so (i.e. exceed 6 crews) qualifications will determine who will qualify for the finals.
If the amount of entries exceed 18 the heats are replaced by a time trail for that particular event.
Besides A-finals we will schedule as many B-finals as possible within the time schedule.
Skiffs will be raced in heats.
Program of international events
Saturday 9th July 2022
Sunday 10th July 2022
The DIYR program includes events who are only open for Dutch competitors:
- Events 2, 6, 14, 107, 110 and 114 over 2km.
- All U23, U18, U16 and C4x+ broken2k events.
Registering and costs
- Sent a list of all your competing rowers (name, surname, gender and date of birth. Only persons, no crews) to [email protected] before 20 july 2022.
- The Dutch Rowing Federation (KNRB) will subscribe your rowers to our national enrollment tool and sent you an e-mail with the login details.
- Subscribe your entries (crews) until Tuesday June 5th, 6 pm through the enrollment tool inschrijven.knrb.nl.
- Go to inschrijvingen.knrb.nl to see all the registrants.
- International registrations are free of costs.
There are neither weight nor age limits for coxswains in the Broken2km races (exemption on article 7.5 RvR).
Coxswains of JW18 and JM18 crews must be weighted between one and two hours before start in locker room C.
Coxswains of JW16 and JM16 crews don’t have to be weighted.
The positions in the heats and pre-races will be decided by drawing lots. The draw will take place on Thursday, the 7rd of July at 8 pm. The draw of the finals will take place after the heats/time trails.
The result of the draw will be published at www.time-team.nl.
Results and trophies
All results will be directly published at www.time-team.nl. There you can follow all the races live.
The DIRY will issue the following awards:
Every heat winner gets a medal.
The fastest over all the heats within a field will be honored an hour after the race.
The winner of every A-final will be honored.
Every winner of the other finals will receve a metal
Rules and regulations
The race is held under the regulations of Reglement van Roeiwedstrijden (RVR). Because of the special character of this race, the following exemptions are applicable:
- Fields with less than 4 participants will be cancelled, in special cases the competition officials can deviate from this rule.
- There are no age or weight limits for the broken-2km races Coxswain’s.
- As far as possible within the time scheme next to the A-finals there will also be B-finals and higher finals.
- The broken-2km events 51-54, 58-61, 63, 66, 67, 151-154, 158-161, 156, and 165-167 are only for Dutch crews.
The organisation is excluded from all and every responsibility for any loss, damage, death or injury.
In case of any discrepancies between this English translation and the original Dutch text, the Dutch text prevails.